No explanation necessary; just trust us.
Next up we have Colton's (of Crème de la CREM fame) list. He's worried its a little mainstream, what he doesn't know is that he and I share a considerable number of picks….so what does that say about me?
- - -
*All links route to YouTube/Soundcloud unless specified as [mp3].
Feel free to download those bad boys.
TOP 11 SONGS
- Sleepless ft. Antony for Cleopatera - Flume
- Polish Girl - Neon Indian [mp3]
- I Know the Truth - Pretty Lights
- On'n'On - Justice
- Tetra - SebastiAn
- It's Real - Real Estate
- Wildfire - SBTRKT [mp3]
- Steve McQueen - M83
- Beards Again - MSTRKRFT
- Phat Head - Skream
- The Night Out - Martin Solveig
TOP 11 REMIXES
- Mother Protect (Goldroom Remix) - Niki & The Dove
- I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix) - Lykke Li
- Swimmhaus Johannesburg (Star Slinger Remix) - Fixers [mp3]
- Notorious Thugs (Big Gigantic Remix) - Big Gigantic
- Raise Your Weapon (Madeon Remix) - Deadmau5
- Pretty Lights vs. Summertime - Pretty Lights
- Houdini (RAC Remix) - Foster The People
- I Won't Let Go (Bag Raiders Remix) - Monarchy
- Melancholy Hill (Feed me Remix) - Gorillaz
- Miami (Pharo Black Magic Remix) - Walter Sobcek [mp3]
- Sun (Pyramid Remix) - Caribou
M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming
A true masterpiece
BEST 2011 COMEBACK
The St. Louis Cardinals winning the World Series. Came down to the last pitch twice...
BEST 2011 BREAKOUT
This kid is about to explode. Becoming pretty well known this year, 2012 will put him over the edge. His festival circuit is soon to begin and there's so much in store for the French prodigy.
BEST 2011 CONCERT
Pretty Lights Lollapalooza Aftershow. Benny the Bull made an appearance, made my summer
2011's BEST KEPT SECRET
The true implications of the NDAA, allowing the US government to detain "terrorist suspects" for indefinite amounts of time for national security. It ignores our Constitutional Rights spelled out in the Bill of Rights, allowing indefinite detention without trial. The US is becoming a police state. Why Obama signed the Act and why the public hasn't spoken out against it is beyond me.
If SOPA passes later this year, music blogs such as this will probably struggle to exist, as the Federal Government will have the power to shut down websites viewed as a source of pirated material. WTF America?